Saturday, November 5, 2011

Just a Little off the Top

So, this little lady has been watching Nana quilt lately and became fascinated by the cute little scissors that she uses to trim her thread. We let her practice cutting paper into pieces, which was thrilling to her and a riot to watch the concentration on her face as she tried to figure out the one handed thing. A couple nights later she was practicing again and suddenly asked Aunt Kenzie to 'See my new haircut'. Kenz hadn't heard about any haircuts earlier in the day so she blew it off. When Mya kept insisting that she look she discovered one long curl and about a half dozen half curls on the counter. (Nana, I know you feel bad but don't, accidents happen) I have no idea where the long one came from but if you look closely you can see the short little layers she gave herself up by her forehead. At least it wasn't an entire pony tale, I think they were hanging in her face while she was trying to concentrate so she decided to get rid of them.




I've also been saving some quote gems from Miss Mya:


~ Mom, dis isn't quite a what I expected.


~ Dumbo, he was a sad boy. (This was so out of the blue I had to laugh out loud)


~Cody: Take a picture of that girl, she's pretty funny lookin'


Mya: I looking pretty great.


~I am SOOO hungry! Check my hungry meter, it goes click, click, click.. and I'm out of energy. I just can't walk, I twisted my owie and I just need you to carry me. I am all out of energy... I'm just busted.


~ Mya: I want a yellow laffy taffy.


Me: You've had plenty of candy.


Mya: Ok...(running to the pantry) I want some plenty candy.


~Here Papa, you need a cookie... (hands him an Oreo).. It's white like your hair.



5 comments:

The Stanley's said...

haha! I love the last quote.. it's white like your hair! thanks for the smile :)

Leslie said...

At least her hair is curly! I actually think she did a pretty good job! Her new do looks pretty cute! :)

kimmalee said...

It's white like your hair! That's awesome. Cute little miss. Her hair looks okay. A couple shorter curls but nothing too butchered from what I can tell. Lucky. Could have been much much worse for a first self-cut!

The Postings of Pence said...

I think she might have a talent there. I would let her cut mine! It looks good. I just have seen some doozies like Cora's no bang look! she is so cute! That little mind is a working constantly!

Robyn said...

Oh.. the first hair cut!! So funny! At least its not bad, and I remember Cora's, I fixed it quite a few times!