Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Girls Night at the Ballet




Last night Mya and I had a wonderful night out with Grams. Our dear family friend Kerry Milner, who used to be my young women leader, has 2 beautiful daughters that dance for a local ballet conservatory that was performing the Nutcracker. I have never seen a live ballet before, and this production was absolutely wonderful! I loved every minute! I really admire people who have a talent to dance with such grace. It is such a joy to watch them share their talent.


PS - I can brag that I used to babysit this beautiful ballerina Katie when she was little.

On our way over little Miss crashed in the car and stayed asleep until half way through the party scene.


Mya and Grams


I was very surprised by how intently Mya watched each dance. We even caught her swaying her arms a few times with the dancers. She said to me, 'look she did an arabesque'. Of course she has no idea what a arabesque really is but Little Einsteins taught her that it's a word associated with ballet. She would ask about the Nutcracker prince and his girlfriend, she loved the peacock in the Arabian dance, she liked the waltz of the flowers, and the sugar plum fairy and her prince.


I couldn't help sitting there wanting to sign Mya up for ballet class the very next day. I think it is so beautiful and teaches girls such poise and grace. I always wonder how early is too early, when is it too late, what if she hates it... oh the joy of motherhood. But, wouldn't she make the most adorable little ballerina? Our only problem would be if she got my rhythm, or lack thereof.



Mya, Grams and Claire


Mya has met Claire a few times and absolutely adores her. She thinks she is the coolest! We made sure to point Claire out to her each time she was on stage dancing and you should have seen her little eyes light up when we got to see her after the show. Mya threw her arms around her and hugged her. It was so darling.

1 comment:

kimmalee said...

That looks like such a fun girls night! How fun for Mya to see a real ballet. I bet she was in heaven. Such a cute little lady.