What do you do when you inherit 47 sets of Salt and Pepper Shakers that document the travels of your great grandmother? You blog about them of course!
About 8 years ago before my great grandma was moved out of her home she packed up all these little treasures and sent them home with me. Until about a month ago they made their home in a corner of my parent's basement. But, a remodeling project brought them once again to me. I had completely forgotten how many there were and how entertaining there were to look at.

Good old Smokey the Bear, I'm guessing you came from Yellowstone.

I wish I knew how old this set from Disneyland was. It looks like it came from Main street U.S.A, the other shaker has a policeman that looks like he stepped out of Mary Poppins. Love them!

I bet this was a fun trip Grandma!



I'm not sure where this little set came from but I thought they were hilarious and thought about how it would probably not be considered acceptable to sell this set today.


Cody thought these rustic sets were great and made me promise to save them just in case we ever have a cabin.
Viva Las Vegas!!


Don't these kind of remind you of Cinderella or some other cartoon?


Windmills and Pigs from Holland?!
Not a combination I expected.

I saw this set and thought, "Wow, I didn't know Grandma had been to England!?" But, then I took a closer look and discovered... Just kidding they're from Lake Havasu.

There were multiple sets from British Columbia and New England where she served a service mission for the church as a nanny/secretary for President Boyd K. Packer and his family.

Many a set were truly delights from the 60's - 70's sporting some great
orange,
yellow,
brown and
green.
I have no idea what I'm going to do with them or where they will end up but I can't bear to part with them. So for now they have been documented, wrapped and put back in a box and are moving to a little corner of my garage. I love and miss you grandma! Thanks for sharing your memories!
5 comments:
What treasures! Seriously such amazing variety of size and style and shapes. They are awesome Aubs. I have no ideas on what you should do with them, however. They will certainly need a display case somewhere some day! Thanks for sharing! I love them.
Salt and pepper shakers must have been the 'thing' back in the day. I remember loving to look at my Grandma Jenny's cute salt and pepper shakers that she had in a curio.
I love them all! Especially the ones from Waterton!! :)
You've got to keep them and pop them out for different occasions. Think of the table conversations. Plus your children will love them.
That is so neat! Maybe use a different one for a month.
Post a Comment