Monday, October 5, 2009

She's Free!!

Hope you all notice that Mya has 2 shoes on and not just one!

Friday the 25th we had her cast removed and everything looks great.

The removal was a little bit of an ordeal, they have to shove these long plastic ruler looking things down her leg so that they can cut along them with the saw, not down her leg. One side got a good scratch from these but what can you do when your toddler is fighting the procedure, there's bound to be a casualty. The saw was terrifyingly loud and my poor little girl screamed the whole time. There was no consoling her, singing did not work. I felt so horrible, it's a good thing that Dr. Glade is fast.

She favored that leg for a few days and hasn't been brave enough to walk alone yet until yesterday. So hopefully this hasn't set her back too far. Occasionally when she walks with us she still lifts her leg like she has her cast on, it's pretty funny.

5 comments:

Amberly said...

look at the cute squishy thigh! I'm glad everything looks good, she'll be back to her normal rhythm in no time!

Hilary said...

Oh, poor little girl. That must have been so scary for her! It's amazing to me how fast she healed though. I hope she's back to full function soon!

Marcie said...

Oh I am so happy for you!! I bet that felt like forever! If you need any therapy tips, I am here:) I HATE babies with doctor scenarios...NO BUENO

kimmalee said...

Hooray for Freedom! I agree with Amberly, that is the cutest little squishy thigh picture!

inPRINT designs said...

hey girl, I am trying to find you phone number...i have a few questions for you- if you see this soon, e-mail me you number so I can all you! mblakey@sfcn.org