Saturday I was a 'deer hunt widow' so I convinced my family that we needed to take Mya to the Zoo. It was a gorgeous day, I haven't been to the zoo since I was right out of high school so it had changed a lot. I was really impressed with all the improvements that they have made, but was kind of sad that there weren't lions, jaguars, or hippos anymore.

Mya was absolutely in awe at all the wild animals. It was so fun to watch her stare at each animal so intently. It was pretty serious business, you know. We wandered through the monkey habitats and she would stare at them and point and 'meow' at them. But, she pretty much 'meowed' at everything that was small, fuzzy and resembled a kitty in any way.

Aren't we lovin' McKay and My Happy Faces! So pretty.

Checkin' out the Elephants with Grams and Gramps.

She was so cute watching these two. It took quite a bit of convincing to get her to turn around long enough for us to snap a picture, she just wanted to keep watching them. When we finally walked away we asked her to say 'bye' to the elephants and she kept saying it over and over and waved as we were walking away.


It was really nice that it wasn't too crowded, there was always a spot we could take her so she could get right up next to the glass or cage to see the animals really well.
McKay and I couldn't help but think of King Julius off of Madagascar when we saw these little lemurs.

Seein' the bears with uncle 'K'

'Raffs' are the one animal that she does recognize and call by name. It was so fun to see her point and say 'raff' when we walked up to them.

There were so many baby animals at the zoo this year it was so fun. The baby Elephant, Giraffe, and the baby Tigers were all out in their enclosures but there were some other brand new babies that were still too little to come out.

Ah, who can resist putting funny hats on their toddler's head, not me!

Apparently, neither can McKay.

Yelling at the poor 'meow', which really is a fox but how does one explain that to a 16 month old.

By far Mya got the biggest kick out the the Meerkats. There was a whole troop of them that were running and wrestling and just going at it right by the glass and that to Miss Mya was the funniest thing she had seen all day long. She laughed and laughed at them.

That giant heap in there is an orangutan, the big male, complete with moon face. He was just happy to be there and Mya was content to stare at him.
Such a fun Saturday activity, thanks fam for coming with us it was so much fun! I can't wait to take her back next year!
5 comments:
I like the dark hair. Such a great mom doing these sort of things with your kid. I am amazed at how much work it takes to get those darn kids out.
Oh how cute. Love the baby elephant, I think I would have a hard time saying good bye to those also. Love the new brown hair do, too cute.
I am so impressed she knows what a giraffe is!
So cute! Love your hair by the way! Gorgeous. :)
So I had to scroll down lower to see if I had missed a post about the darker hair. Cute, and it totally caught me off guard.
I love that you post about the zoo and we all comment about the hair. ha!
Post a Comment