First Grade!
It's here whether we are ready for it or not.
I can honestly say that morning didn't run quite as smoothly as I had imagined it. I had worked the night before and told myself I would just lay down for a little while. Poor choice. That little while lasted just a little bit too long so we ended up being more rushed than I would have liked.
Miss Mya is her mother's daughter and we like to sleep in. So this business of having to get up early was a bit distressing for her. We were both questioning our choice of early start time but I think that once we get into our routine we will like it. I do love having her home earlier in the afternoon.
Her teacher this year is Miss Davis. We were excited to meet her the night before. When we got there we were the only ones in the classroom so she got some one on one attention and Cody and I were able to talk with her as well. She seems wonderful and I know she and Mya will get along well. She was sweet and told us how she remembered Mya from last year. She would notice her in the halls and I actually met her last year because she was teaching the autistic Kindergarten class. She said that when all the teachers were comparing class lists some of them asking who got the little girl with the curly red hair!
Off she goes, her princess backpack on and her My Little Pony lunchbox tucked safely inside.
It was a long day without her. Sweet Sadie really missed her big sister.
1 comment:
Oh no. She looks so big in these pictures. And so excited to go to school. I'm glad you like her teacher. That makes everything so much easier.
Post a Comment