After Auntie Kim, Uncle Glenn and our cousins left we needed to do something to lift our spirits. So we decided to go to the Tulip Festival at thanksgiving Point. I wasn't sure if it would hold the girls interest but I was pleasantly surprised. They loved it. They loved seeing all the beautiful colors, running free on the grass and Thanksgiving point had a information scavenger hunt that they though was just awesome! They were super excited to find the next sign and fill in their paper.
It was crazy to think that the last time I had been at this venue was 10 years ago when Cody and I were taking Bridals for our wedding. Crazy how time flies.
Now here I am visiting with these three little crazies.
We decided to call Daddy to say 'Hi'. Mya was in a surprisingly talkative mood and chatted his leg off for a good 5-10 minutes. Both Cody and I were very surprised by this but it was hilarious to listen to her; "How was your day?", "What do you do for fun in North Dakota?", "Are your workers doing well?"
She went on and on it was too cute! People kept giving me funny looks because my 5 year old was wandering around with a cell phone like she owned the place. Mama bear wanted to tell them to back off! Her dad works out of state! But of course we just smiled and kept walking.
This beautiful area just needs to be danced in, don't you agree? Mya was practicing some of her ballerina moves for me.
And of course if there's water it must be played in.
I love these three little bums.
At the end there was a giant hill that the girls just HAD to roll down. It was quite interesting because neither of them have actually rolled down a giant hill before. How lame of a mother am I? Anyway they made some valiant and very crooked attempts as Hayze and I cheered them on. He was thrilled to be out of the stroller for a bit, he was wearing a bit thin.
1 comment:
Those flowers are beautiful! What a fun mom you are! I miss those little darlings so much.
Post a Comment