The kiddo's and I were very excited to have the Makechnie family come and visit us in April. Glenn was running the Salt Lake City Marathon, because he's crazy like that, so we convinced them that they wanted to stay and play with us for a few extra days. The kids were beyond excited, and kept asking me how many more days? How many more hours? Will the be here after school? Will they be here after dance? Finally they arrived and it was a wild rumpus of little bodies, hugging, running, and having show & tell. We finally wrangled them all into pajamas and Uncle Glenn read bedtime stories. This was probably one of my favorite moments, all the cousins piled up on the bed together. Such fun memories.
The next morning we ventured to the dinosaur museum. Mr. Tate is such a cutie! He was telling us all about the prehistoric sharks, naming dinosaurs and was especially well versed in things having to do with his dad's geology profession. I love him so much! I could squeeze him all the time! But, like Mya he tolerates my hugging.
This cute little mister was impressed with everything.
I managed to capture this little raptor on film in her natural habitat.
Finn, my delicious, squeezable, rough and tumble buddy was killing me as he battled the dinosaur tail.
Four little sillies trying to weigh as much as a big dinosaur. They didn't amount to much until Auntie Kim and I climbed on. That sure made us feel great.
These girls surely adore their Aunt Kim! Miss Sadie wanted to be held by her a majority of the time and being that she's wonderful Kim obliged.
Mya had school in the afternoon and we gave her the option to stay home and play with cousins but the big kindergarten Easter party was a pretty exciting option too. While she was at school our visitors made their way to Salt Lake to get Glenn registered for the next day. That evening Kim and I braved the mall with all five kiddo's. It was crazy. But, a good crazy. We enjoyed good conversation, shopping and we managed to make it out with everyone present and accounted for.
Sadly, my night went down hill quickly once we got home. I was hit hard with the stomach flu that kept me pretty busy for most of the night. At about midnight I decided to ask for a priesthood blessing. Glenn had stayed over night up near the race site, which I'm so glad about because I would have felt so horrible if he would have caught that horrible bug. My handsome priesthood holder was off at work so Dave was kind enough to come all the way over to help.
The next morning I was relieved to be feeling much better but still not up to trekking up to Salt Lake with all my littles so we cheered for Uncle Glenn from home. He of course did awesome and improved his time by 30 minutes!
I guess you can keep running these crazy races if they bring your cute family here to visit.
Way to go Glenn!!

No comments:
Post a Comment