Saturday, February 1, 2014

Once Upon a Time, We went to Disneyland!!

Back at the end of January we escaped the winter blues and headed to sunny California to visit our happy place. I lovingly called this our yours mine and ours trip. We had the Makechnie family and their darling boys as well as Grams and Grandpa. We snapped so many pictures and had such a great time. I'm embarrassed to say that it has given me a pretty significant dose of anxiety knowing I would have to not share many of them. Hence the reason it's taken me so very long to post anything about it.
Grandpa and the girls deciding what she wants to do first; of course it was to head to Cars Land.
These cute little cousins are so darling together. It's as if they have never been apart.
Little Mister was just so happy this trip. He loved having so many things to see and so many loving people to hold him when he refused to get back into his stroller.
Miss Mya enjoying her reward, courtesy of Grandpa, for riding Grizzly River Rapids with Dad.
I wondered how Kim's boys would react to having a new set of adults around. I hoped they wouldn't feel left out, or feel nervous around them. I shouldn't have worried. You can't help but love those sweet boys and I must admit that my parents are pretty fantastic too.
The girls were so excited all day to see world of color. Sadie especially was looking forward to it, and she tried as hard as she could to stay awake. She was quite disappointed when we put her in bed that night and she figured out she missed it.
Kim, my Disney partner in crime! I love that it doesn't take much for either of us to convince the other to plan a trip. Thank heaven our husbands are kind enough to indulge us.

Apparently all of our children inherited their Dad's sensitive eyes.
Cute little cousins.
Finn, delicious, squishable, sweet Finn is a busy little buddy. Uncle Cody made good use of an extra chain in the Casey Jr. line. For some reason the cast member was less than
These girls adore their aunt Kim.

The drama of this trip revolved around this little lady getting on the Matterhorn. She was super nervous anyway but we had promised each other that we would both ride something that we hadn't before. She was trying to swim away from me as I held her in the line. Tears were flowing and we even had periods of anger, especially since we had to wait at the front of the line due to some technical difficulty. But she did it! She conquered the mountain and I'm very proud of her for doing something that was very scary for her.
I love how much cute Tate loves Star Wars! He was so very tolerant of Uncle Cody's incorrectly saying his hat was C3PO. Uncle Cody teases this little man so much but for some reason he can take it from him.
Miss Mya took it upon herself to be the distributor of the 3-D glasses each time we rode Toy Story.
I love these 3 little crazy cats! They make my day every day.
Sometimes you just need to rest, even at Disneyland.

1 comment:

Debi said...

What a heavenly time! I'm glad you had so many pictures to share.