- We Moved! After a lot of headache with the mortgage company and lots of back and forth between them, the bank, our accountant and a bunch of other people they finally decided that we would be responsible enough to let us have a loan. Oh the good and bad of being self employed. But, with all that said and behind us we are officially in and loving our new place. The space is heavenly, the cabinet space in the kitchen alone makes me giddy. There are times that I look around me and wonder just what I'm going to do with it all. Like the face that our couches and bean bag easily fit in our living room with room to put up the girls princess tent. A feat that was near impossible in our last place. I really can't believe that it's all ours, I feel so lucky. We are still working on getting all the boxes emptied. Most of the stuff left is decoration and I can't decide where to put it all. Sorry no pics yet, I haven't got my Internet set up and there's only so much I can do from the computer at work.
- The girls and I went to our new ward for the first time this last Sunday. As I expected there were 3 other new families. The girls were wonderful. Sadie was great despite it being at 1 o'clock and right in the middle of nap time. Mya is in love with primary. She doesn't care where she goes as long as she gets to go. There are 2 sunbeam classes and 4 nurseries so it took us a little while to find out where they wanted us to go. Sadie even stayed in nursery the whole time. Her teacher commented that she was very shy and sat right next to her the entire time. I'm just thrilled she stayed. I introduced myself to a member of the bishopric and tried to explain our situation a little. He looked at me a little puzzled and asked 'So, will he ever be coming to this ward?' I assured him that yes he would indeed be a member of this ward. They ward seems quite nice, I had a cute lady introduce herself while I was in nursery with Sadie. She has a 4 year old little girl and said there is a neighborhood play group every other Friday. I know it will be hard for me to put myself out there but I know it would be fantastic way to meet all the other moms with Little's in the neighborhood.
- I had a kind of an 'aha' moment this week. I know it is probably really silly but I compare it to those TV commercials... BEEP...this is a test of the emergency broadcast system...BEEP. You know the ones I mean. Anyway, I feel like I occasionally get these from Heavenly Father. A prompting that he gives me, that may or may not turn out to be a big deal in the long run but he's just checking to see if I'm listening. So here it is. My entry way light wouldn't turn on and I'd never used it so I figured a brand new light shouldn't already need 3 new light bulbs. I happen to run into the construction super working on the house next door who also happened to be our super. I asked him about it and he said he would come by and check it out. Well I immediately thought, you should have someone there with you. This guy is terribly nice and I don't pretend to give myself any exceptional beauty marks but I just kept thinking that I should have someone there. So bless Debi's heart she came and hung out at my house with me until he came confirmed that there was some sort of wiring glitch and left 5 minutes later. Extremely benign. That's why I'm crediting this experience to a test of my EBS (emergency broadcast system). Guess the guy upstairs just wanted to make sure I was listening.
- Our little family is growing. There is a little peach sized being cooking away that will become part of our family in early April. We are thrilled! When we decided to share the news with the girls we handed Mya the ultrasound and asked her what it was. She looked at us and matter of factly informed us that it was a baby. We were a bit surprised and asked her whose baby it was and she replied, 'I don't know. Probably Kim's or something.' Auntie Kim got a good laugh about that when we told her. We have, what has seemed to me, slowly been counting down the weeks. I have found a blessed combination of two anti-nausea medications that take most of the yuck away. I am thankfully starting to get longer stretches of good. Thirteen weeks down. Here's hoping for a healthy baby and an uncomplicated pregnancy.
- That's probably good for now...thanks for hanging in there to the end.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Latest and Greatest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Hooray! Congrats on the new home and your growing family! Can't wait to see some pictures and good luck with this pregnancy!
82We are so excited that after much heartache and waiting you are finally in your darling home. I just wish it didn't feel so far away after having you so close for eight years. I'm sure you will make great friends in your ward and neighborhood so you and the girls will feel more comfortable. I love you!
Yeah! So exciting about the house, and the baby! Sure love you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so sad that I won't get to be the tech when you deliver the new little one!! I just want to make sure...Cody does come home sometimes, right?! Hehehe. Oh I just miss you so much, but I might be coming to visit in early December, I'll keep you posted!
YEA!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to come see your new house and have your sweet darling girls show me all their new spaces. I'm glad you're getting settled in the ward and hope you make some connections soon, even though I know it's hard to do. I hope you continue to feel better. So excited to find out if I get another beautiful niece or a darling little nephew!
Yeah for the peach!! I think you're exactly right about the EBS. Good job following the prompting.
Congratulations my dear! So many wonderful things happening for you and your family. Here's to more good things to come!
hooray for babies! So happy for you and your new home:)
Woohoo! Awesome news! Congrats on the new house and the new little bun! I'm so excited for you!
Whoo Hoo!! Congratulations! So happy for you all! And now that I know the challenge of being husband-less, I am even more impressed you're sick and nauseous and tired. I am also so happy you guys are in your new house, I'm dying to see photo's! I hope the yuckiness doesn't last long!
Oh wow! Big changes for you guys! How exciting about your house?!?! And another baby on the way? Congratulations!
Congrats sis! A new baby and a new house, what an exciting adventure! I miss you lots and lots by the way
yea yea yea for more nieces and NEPHEWS. :) Congrats to both of you again and again. I'm so excited to see you guys for Christmas. I'm excited to see your beautiful home now that you guys are officially moved in. :) So exciting!
Post a Comment