It happened today, Mya had her very first day of preschool. She has been so excited! And that has helped me be excited as well. Last night before bed I told her that she got to go to Miss Maureen's, her eyes lit up. She was beaming as she jumped up and hugged me and told me how excited she was to go. Her backpack was hanging on her dresser knob all ready for the big event to come.
I was worried that I would be sad. In a way I am, thinking about all the time that has passed and how quickly it passes by. But this is balanced by the excitement of something new. Seeing her move forward. She is a smart little lady and I'm excited to see her soak up everything that Miss Maureen will teach her. I'm also excited that she will have a new form of social interaction with both kids and adults. Mya I love you forever and I know you will be a wonderful student!
She was so excited to show off her new Tinkerbell backpack and insisted upon us having a picture of it.
The classic first day of school photo. Thank you to my neighbors for their beautiful flowers and shady front porch. Ours was in full sun and Miss Mya's eyes do not cooperate with the sunshine.
When we arrived I did the quick mommy reminders about being a good 'minder', remembering to go potty and that Miss Maureen can't wipe bottoms so she would have to do it herself. You know the essential details. I hugged her as tight as she would let me, and told her how much I loved her. She looked at me, told me she loved me too, and that she would miss me. This was the point that almost launched the tears but I was strong. I asked if she wanted me to walk her inside, she said she could do it and off she went without a second thought or worry. Just how it should be.
I had to laugh because she asked me...'Mommy, why do you keep taking my picture?' I told her it was because she was so cute but inside it was because I wanted to remember every moment of this first, first day.

3 comments:
Oh she is so cute in her big girl backpack! That sounds like a wonderful first morning. I'm glad she was so excited and ready to go. Makes it so much easier to leave them! I love little Miss Mya so much! Can't wait for the next time I talk to her. She'll have so much to talk to me about!
Little darling girl! I can't wait to hear all about her fun day. How did Sadie do without her at home? I guess it was nap time. Did you get one?
Ohh, big day!!! What a doll.
Post a Comment