Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Stories

Every night at our house, if the girls are good, we have a little elf that visits us. He leaves us a new Christmas story every night, courtesy of the North Pole Library, to read before the girls go to bed. Mya has enjoyed peeking out under the tree after getting her jammies on to see if the elf came. This week the favorite elf offering has been the book, "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!". I read it to them the night it appeared under our tree because I only knew a little bit of the song. So the next day when they wanted me to read it over and over I turned to YouTube to find the song. It was an instant hit, and Miss Mya kept playing it over and over. I even catch her singing bits and pieces of it. Who would have thought that a song about a giant zoo animal could be so endearing.



I've included, for your listening enjoyment is a little taste of what we are belting out around our place.



Merry Christmas to all of you out there who want a Hippo too!






1 comment:

kimmalee said...

Fabulous. I wish I could hear her little voice singing those words. What a sweetie. We've been doing a Christmas book advent type thing too...but I wrapped and numbered all the books. Way too much effort. Next year we're having a Christmas book elf visit us too! Brilliant. And with any luck, he may have to visit us in California for a few days...