Fall break brought lots of fun adventures for these little cuties! Our big event was having our Kansas Hansen's, Uncle Adam, Aunt Camarie and cousin Abigail come and stay with us for a few days! Daddy and Uncle Adam had been planning to go hike and chase deer on the rifle hunt. So thankfully they made it a family visit as well.
The few days they were here were busy. Cami had family and friends she wanted to visit with, and of course I had to work one night. But we found plenty of wonderful moments to just let the kids play, ride bikes in the cul-de sac, and we even conquered dinner out with all our kiddo's in tow, just us two ladies. Cami and I also spent some wonderful evenings chatting after the littles were in bed. Their last day here we decided to take advantage of another beautiful fall day and visit a local pumpkin patch called Jaker's. We had both heard about it from friends and the best part... it was free!
There was a fun petting zoo area with cute little 'Wilbur' pigs and then the most gigantic beast pig! I think he was as big as a couch!
He just sat there munching on his food and digging in the muck.
There were also cute calves, geese and of all things a kangaroo.
We jumped on the wagon for a hay ride.
Then the kiddo's ran to their hearts content in the mini hay maze. Mya was so proud when she figured it out all by herself.
Abby and Hayze wandered in too but just around a few corners and then they would turn around and come back.
These cuties! I love them!
Then we played in this giant corn box. There was so much corn!
It was a hilarious good time! If you have never played in a giant pit of corn, I suggest you do so. It's quite an experience. Just know that any pants pocket, small child's diaper, shirts, hair it will all have places to hide these little golden kernels. And you will inevitably bring some home with you.
This sweet lady! I love her, look at those eyes and that dark hair! She and I made some great progress while she was here. She has a big bubble and doesn't really like big people to get too close. I'm happy to say that by the end of the week she was 'talking' to me and I got some smiles and lovies!
Aunt Cami kept Mya giggling and was sweet enough to keep burying her over and over. Then she let Mya bury her! Mya thought it was a great plan, Miss Abby however was a but concerned about what we were doing to her mommy and kept sweeping the corn off of her.
Just us girls being silly in the corn.
After the corn the girls decided to try and scale the hay mountain. To my surprise, Mya shimmied up to the top without much hesitation at all. Sadie made it up a few levels and then caught wind of the band playing and broke out in some awesome dance moves. I guess when the music hits, you've just gotta dance.
It warms my heart to watch them play together.
We headed home when the boys called and said they had returned, sadly empty handed, from their hunting adventures. Thanks for coming to visit us you guys! We hope you can come again soon, we love you!!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing this fun place. It almost feels like I was there with you. I love when you blog. Thanks Aubry
Such beautiful pictures of all the beautiful Hansen cousins. I love the one of Abby lying in the corn, and the one of little Sadie and her sassy dance moves. Looks like so much fun. Well done Mammas on a great fall outing!
This was a blast! Hopefully it won't be too long until we visit again. We sure do miss and love you!
Post a Comment