Saturday, November 9, 2013

Zoo Day

 Mommy has spent lots of time working lately and found myself itching to spend some quality time with my sweet kiddos. Time that didn't consist of me trying to clean up or multitask. The weather had been beautiful, so a Saturday afternoon at the zoo seemed to fit the bill.
The girls immediately grabbed their maps and started directing our adventure. Mya was excited to see the giraffes and Sadie had her heart set on seeing the tigers and a chameleon.
I cant tell you how much I love these little sweethearts.  They are so patient with me. Especially when I work and Cody is gone. They put up with my zombie days when I may not be the most stellar mother. They seem to know exactly when I need a hug or a snuggle. They as well as Cody are my strength.

We were thrilled that Grams was able to come with us! It was nice to have some extra hands to wrangle the littles and a friend to carry on adult conversation.

Little Mister Hazye was a trooper. He was a little somber most of the day but you could tell he was looking all around and taking everything in.

We were a little bummed that the polar bear wasn't there this visit. The girls, well Mya, remembered it swimming up to the glass.

We did enjoy watching the 3 grizzly bears play around in their enclosure. This big fella was scratching his back on the trees, playing and diving in the water and came right up to the glass next to us. It was really neat! Seeing them that close did make me appreciate the presence of that glass.

Waving 'hello' to the lynx. Soon after we found Sadie lady her tigers. But to her great dismay there were no chameleons to be found at the zoo. She may have shed some tears, telling us how much she really loved and wanted a chameleon. It was a recurring theme of sadness that stayed with us the rest of the day. When daddy asked if she had fun she informed him that she did but, they didn't have a chameleon. Once this gal latches onto something she remembers and often there is no changing her mind, you just have to let her deal with it good or bad.
Mya found her giraffes.

My handsome little man and I. He looks thrilled to be there doesn't he? He did light up when we go down next to the glass and he could see them up close.

And we found the long lost twin of Gram's cat Giddy. Maybe this explains why Giddy is so feisty sometimes.
Mya said, Remember mom, I got a drink from the lion and you took a picture!? Yep, I do. Do you want me to take your picture? Yes! And I will pop my leg.
Throwing out dance terms, silly girl.
Watching a peacock mosey down the road. Mya really wanted it to spread his tail but there were too many people chasing after it. We had a wonderful day and a much needed break from the day to day. I probably should have mopped floors and picked up my house that may have looked as if a bomb full of toys exploded. But, I know that those things aren't the important things. Time with these sweet kids and with family are what truly matter.

1 comment:

Tim, Jennie, Paisley, Claire and Moose said...

where did you get those cute coats I love them?