Sunday, January 27, 2013

Big Girls in Big Beds!


Up until now our sweet ladies have been camping out on crib size mattresses on the floor. They haven't complained because they haven't known any different. We knew we were close to moving so we never took Mya out of her toddler bed and Sadie was just happy once we got her out of a crib. Now that we have been settled in our new place we knew that 'big girl' beds were one of our first priorities. At first I was sure that I wanted two little white twin beds. But after our Disneyland trip and discovering that bunk beds came with an option for stairs, and seeing how much they enjoyed them we started thinking that direction. I looked at many of the local furniture stores but could only find bunks with ladders and I wasn't too sure I even wanted to know how much it would be to ship.  Right before daddy had to leave we happened upon the perfect beds. Mom liked the style, Dad liked the construction and the girls were so thrilled they didn't want to get off the display.
It took about 3 weeks for them to get all the pieces ordered in white but the delivery day finally arrived. I took full advantage of the deal the furniture store offered to deliver it and set it up for $20! That was a steal for a momma on her own with a growing belly. The girls have been in heaven ever since! They were thrilled that they got to pick their own sheets; pink for Mya and 'blue' for Sadie. I'm also loving the darling purse quilt that Nana made for them. They bring a whole bunch of vibrant colors that plays so well with the white.

3 comments:

Debi said...

I love it! It looks like the steps have drawers! What a great idea for storage space.

kimmalee said...

Oh Aub, those are darling! Where did you find them? They are so perfect for those beautiful little ladies. How fun!

FishinFamily said...

I'm curious too...where did you find them? I LOVE them!!