We had a pretty low key Strawberry days this year. We all slept in that morning which was appreciated by all. But, I will admit, I was silly and got a little wound up about how we would be late to the parade. Really Aubry? It's a parade. A parade full of Karate and dance groups. I guess it's just the tradition of the whole thing. Thankfully Cody has lived with me long enough to know I'm a little crazy that way. It's good he loves me.
The girls were a little shy about the noise and Miss Sadie wanted to be held. Mya ventured out to get some of the candy being tossed her way but for the most part she was content to stay in the shade with Uncle Tyson. It was a hot one and the shade was exactly where you wanted to be. After some fantastically long naps by both girls we got ready to hit up the Rodeo.
I dug deep into our shoe bin and found these little cuties that Mya had worn and they were just the right size for Miss Sade. She was excited that they fit and it took a little negotiating to get the boots off to trade the shorts for jeans.
Not wanting to be left out of the boot club Mya insisted on wearing her purple boots. I think she looked pretty cute even if they aren't classic western wear. She found my hat and donned it for a photo op but left it home so we wouldn't have to keep track of it.
Nana, Papa and Kenzie joined us. It was fun to have both our families with us. It was also very nice to have lots of hands for wiggly little ladies. Notice the tootsie roll Mya has... that's her special Uncle Craig treat. He's always got a treat for little Miss.
I love my sweet girl! She is getting too big too fast.
Daddy loving some strawberries and cream!
If you wanna taste something come directly from heaven, these would be them!
Me and my cute Mama.
Little miss sass pants herself. She was quite the lady that night. She went on walks with me, daddy, and a couple with grandpa. I'm sure we were the absolute favorite of the singles ward sitting in front of us. We got a few dirty looks, but ask me if I was super worried about it.
Off with Grandpa on one of their walks.
On one of our walks we went to see the bulls. Seriously, there is no way you could get me near one of those, let alone convince me to get on top of one. Just the way they look at you through the fence is intimidating. One sneezed and Sadie said, "He spit out hees nose!"
It was a really great rodeo that night! There were some great scores and some fast times, it was so fun to watch. The bulls seemed to go by so fast because not one of the cowboys made it to 8 seconds. I don't remember the last time I saw that happen.
2 comments:
Looks like a wonderful Strawberry Days. I'm glad Cody was home for it. Wish I was there to help wrestle with your little ladies too. I sure love you guys.
I CANNOT believe that is your mom!!! I saw a few pictures with her in them and I assumed she was a cousin!!! She loks AWESOME- which reminds me- you look so beautiful! It is hard seeing your picture, I just miss you even more!
Post a Comment